Course Dates and Fees
Courses run monthly. Contact email@example.com for dates.
A really hands on course giving you access to the current lighting equipment used in the industry at the moment.
You will come away with the practical skills to light in a variety of broadcast situations. Learn to light confidently while using a Sony Z1, Sony Z7 and Sony DSR 570.
(You will be provided with a useful course guide for your future reference)
You will take part in practical exercises including:
- Interview lighting techniques
- Lighting against windows/ solving common problems
- Working outside/ documentary styles of lighting
- Basic camera setup
- Being creative/ lighting to create mood and ambience
Who is it for?
Self shooting directors and camera operators, producers looking to understand the needs of a crew when booking equipment.
Anyone looking for an introduction to lighting.
Breakdown of Course:
- Preparing a standard 3 point lighting setup
- Reflectors/ poly boards and their use
- Handling and setting up different types of lights including: soft, kinoflows, dedolights, spotlights, HMI fresnal, open face and battery powered lights
- Selecting the right gels, scrims and diffusers
- Grip equipment – using it in different practical situations
- Understanding colour temperature
- Setting up your camera – getting the right white balance
- What to ask for when booking equipment/ the places to hire and buy from, negotiating good rates
- Basic health and safety